Fluval Flex 15 Fish

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know what fish I should stock my tank with, right now I want a lawnmower blenny, a firefish, and CUC. Any suggestions?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish I have in my IM 15 are a pair of clowns. I have 3 snails, one emerald crab, 4 hermits and a coral banded shrimp. If that helps you plan your stocking list at all!

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish I have in my IM 15 are a pair of clowns. I have 3 snails, one emerald crab, 4 hermits and a coral banded shrimp. If that helps you plan your stocking list at all!
I wanna be able to have more fish than just 2 clowns though. Because I know they can be aggressive and it can be hard to keep other fish with them.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest those 4 are pushing it for a 15, you wont be able to add much more. 4 fish max I would say. Theres a reason I only keep two (clowns) in my 15 gallon. If you got tiny fish you could get a few more, lawnmower probably will out grow the tank. I had one that was 4 inches long. Bigger than I thought he would get!

Nano fish:

Neon cleaner goby
Yasha goby
Clown goby
Yellow watchmen/pistol shrimp pair
Clownfish
Dottyback
Azure damsel
Royal gramma

These are small nano fish I can think of off the top of my head. If it were my tank I wouldnt add more than 2 of the smaller fish, you probably will just have to do water changes weekly to control nutrients or maybe look into a nano skimmer. Just keep in mind the adult sizes of all fish :)

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest those 4 are pushing it for a 15, you wont be able to add much more. 4 fish max I would say. Theres a reason I only keep two (clowns) in my 15 gallon. If you got tiny fish you could get a few more, lawnmower probably will out grow the tank. I had one that was 4 inches long. Bigger than I thought he would get!

Nano fish:

Neon cleaner goby
Yasha goby
Clown goby
Clownfish
Dottyback
Azure damsel
Royal gramma

These are small nano fish I can think of off the top of my head. If it were my tank I wouldnt add more than 2 of the smaller fish, you probably will just have to do water changes weekly to control nutrients or maybe look into a nano skimmer. Just keep in mind the adult sizes of all fish :)
Okay, thank you!

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nano fish:

Neon cleaner goby
Yasha goby
Clown goby
Clownfish
Dottyback
Azure damsel
Royal gramma

Do you think 2 clowns, a dottyback, and a watchman with pistol shrimp is too much?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think 2 clowns, a dottyback, and a watchman with pistol shrimp is too much?
Just those? No. But if adding to the blenny and firefish yes. Just be aware dottybacks can be aggressive. Mine is a chicken but some people hate them for their aggression.

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just those? No. But if adding to the blenny and firefish yes. Just be aware dottybacks can be aggressive. Mine is a chicken but some people hate them for their aggression.
do you think it could be because you have clownfish that they are probably intimidated by?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back