Fluval flex 32.5 Protein skimmer

1st_time_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I've just purchased the fluval flex marine 32.5 gallon as a upgrade to my fluval evo and I have a question about which skimmer to go for. I've read many reviews that state the fluval skimmers aren't as effective as other brands and wondered what everyone's views are on a alternative.
I see the ice cap k1 mentioned a lot on here but I can't seem to find anyone that stocks it here in the UK.
Cheers
Matt

Queen City Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt, I would definitely recommend the Ice Cap K1 if you are able to get hold of one, but it really comes down to what your trying to do with the tank. If you want to do LPS and softies I personally wouldn't run a skimmer for that size tank especially if your stocking it lightly with fish. But if you do want to do something like an all SPS tank with lots of fish then I would try to get the Icecap or just do 5 gallon water changes weekly or 10 gallon changes every other week and you will easily be able to maintain proper parameters.

OP
OP

1st_time_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt, I would definitely recommend the Ice Cap K1 if you are able to get hold of one, but it really comes down to what your trying to do with the tank. If you want to do LPS and softies I personally wouldn't run a skimmer for that size tank especially if your stocking it lightly with fish. But if you do want to do something like an all SPS tank with lots of fish then I would try to get the Icecap or just do 5 gallon water changes weekly or 10 gallon changes every other week and you will easily be able to maintain proper parameters.
Thanks for the advice
Maybe I will see how my water parameters are for a few weeks and go from there
Thanks again

Coreyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your positive the ice cap k1 fits in the fluval flex 32.5, I would like a skimmer myself

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back