Fluval flex 32.5 Protein skimmer

1st_time_reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
Weymouth, dorset
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I've just purchased the fluval flex marine 32.5 gallon as a upgrade to my fluval evo and I have a question about which skimmer to go for. I've read many reviews that state the fluval skimmers aren't as effective as other brands and wondered what everyone's views are on a alternative.
I see the ice cap k1 mentioned a lot on here but I can't seem to find anyone that stocks it here in the UK.
Cheers
Matt
 
Hey Matt, I would definitely recommend the Ice Cap K1 if you are able to get hold of one, but it really comes down to what your trying to do with the tank. If you want to do LPS and softies I personally wouldn't run a skimmer for that size tank especially if your stocking it lightly with fish. But if you do want to do something like an all SPS tank with lots of fish then I would try to get the Icecap or just do 5 gallon water changes weekly or 10 gallon changes every other week and you will easily be able to maintain proper parameters.
 
Hey Matt, I would definitely recommend the Ice Cap K1 if you are able to get hold of one, but it really comes down to what your trying to do with the tank. If you want to do LPS and softies I personally wouldn't run a skimmer for that size tank especially if your stocking it lightly with fish. But if you do want to do something like an all SPS tank with lots of fish then I would try to get the Icecap or just do 5 gallon water changes weekly or 10 gallon changes every other week and you will easily be able to maintain proper parameters.
Thanks for the advice
Maybe I will see how my water parameters are for a few weeks and go from there
Thanks again
 
Hey Matt, I would definitely recommend the Ice Cap K1 if you are able to get hold of one, but it really comes down to what your trying to do with the tank. If you want to do LPS and softies I personally wouldn't run a skimmer for that size tank especially if your stocking it lightly with fish. But if you do want to do something like an all SPS tank with lots of fish then I would try to get the Icecap or just do 5 gallon water changes weekly or 10 gallon changes every other week and you will easily be able to maintain proper parameters.
Your positive the ice cap k1 fits in the fluval flex 32.5, I would like a skimmer myself
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new