Here are mine settings if anyone curious

Last edited:

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those screenshots look completely different than mine. I’m using the app, are those computer screenshots? The Fluval Marine and Reef 3.0 right?

Valven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those screenshots look completely different than mine. I’m using the app, are those computer screenshots? The Fluval Marine and Reef 3.0 right?

Yes I am using the Fluval Marine and Reef 3.0. I believe I seen your settings in another post and have set my light to that. I am running the Fluval and 2 Kessil A150w Sky Blues. Have a mixed reef with zoas, acans, hammer, chalice, candy canes, cyphastera, Acropora, and a Montipora. Once I added the light I had a huge algae bloom. But again I had everything at max settings right out of the box. I am adding a new protein skimmer as the one I bought second hand lasted only a year. Actually this just came in today! Also have a HOB Refugium on its way too so I can get pods going and chaeto. Any suggestions?

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
819FB678-D2C0-4C39-A90E-C4ECDA7BAF5C.png
Yes I am using the Fluval Marine and Reef 3.0. I believe I seen your settings in another post and have set my light to that. I am running the Fluval and 2 Kessil A150w Sky Blues. Have a mixed reef with zoas, acans, hammer, chalice, candy canes, cyphastera, Acropora, and a Montipora. Once I added the light I had a huge algae bloom. But again I had everything at max settings right out of the box. I am adding a new protein skimmer as the one I bought second hand lasted only a year. Actually this just came in today! Also have a HOB Refugium on its way too so I can get pods going and chaeto.

M
Yes I am using the Fluval Marine and Reef 3.0. I believe I seen your settings in another post and have set my light to that. I am running the Fluval and 2 Kessil A150w Sky Blues. Have a mixed reef with zoas, acans, hammer, chalice, candy canes, cyphastera, Acropora, and a Montipora. Once I added the light I had a huge algae bloom. But again I had everything at max settings right out of the box. I am adding a new protein skimmer as the one I bought second hand lasted only a year. Actually this just came in today! Also have a HOB Refugium on its way too so I can get pods going and chaeto. Any suggestions?

My app looks like this. Wonder why yours is different.

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Valven Sorry about that. My response was directed at the other person’s post. Still weird that the screens look different.

Scotbot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my settings and those above look completely different? Strange I also put it in manual mode 3 times a week from midnight till 8am just 3% blue rest off

F2969CBD-AC41-462E-9BE8-38E0C49D75D2.png

Scotbot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my settings and those above look completely different? Strange I also put it in manual mode 3 times a week from midnight till 8am just 3% blue rest off

F2969CBD-AC41-462E-9BE8-38E0C49D75D2.png
Also think a lot of my coral growth is down to flow as well two mp10 on lagoon mode or tidal surge keeps things moving every where

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all those curious I’m doing a review of the Fluval Marine reef 3.0 for a low tech light it’s pretty good, the app is decent although without a par meter you might find yourself lost adjusting the spectrums the light by itself will support softies however for any LPS and SPS corals I would strongly suggest extra lighting seems pretty durable has a excellent water resistant rating of IP67 so it could be submerged and still be fine, I would recomend having this light directly above the water using the mounting legs it gives you and unobstructed from water as this light is not the strongest but not the worst by the time you get to 18” the PAR reading is around 55 so water penetration is not the best, At 3": PAR=390, At 12": PAR=102 this will get the job done for softies the blue spectrum on this light is fantastic the app has a sunrise and sunset mode witch works great I would recomend this light to new hobbyists as it is easy and user friendly and can maintain softies and if you want to get in to LPS or SPS and anemones you will need to add lighting that about sums it up thanks for reading feel free to hit me with more questions! The pictures are corals I have maintained under this light and this light only.

9B43E768-792A-4950-B6C2-F055557F165F.jpeg

5996D5C7-9AB4-4A79-B2CD-E809843B3CF8.jpeg

902AEFB4-D088-49E6-A234-F1F040FA69CB.jpeg
What are your sunrise, daytime and sunset settings and what percentages do you use? I have this light also and I’m getting confused at the best settings for it. I also have an Innovative Marine screen cover on my tank which I hate but I have a Midas Blenny that I love and I don’t want him jumping out.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about these lights. It looks like getting 2 is ideal for a beginner mixed reef setup. Still cheaper than a IC Pro x2 and it comes with the bluetooth AND a 3 year warranty.

Scotbot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about these lights. It looks like getting 2 is ideal for a beginner mixed reef setup. Still cheaper than a IC Pro x2 and it comes with the bluetooth AND a 3 year warranty.

3 year warranty is what swayed me towards it and price obviously as I only payed £207
And one is plenty on my 250 reefer lovely coverage very bright sunset very gradual blues beautiful at night and growing tourches hammers Zoa Nems doing really well and all softies + GSP growing like mad having to frag all time onto new rocks and sell.

FDC1C79D-EFAD-45D3-94B1-5369C1C337C2.jpeg

DD75CC9B-660D-4B59-AA57-9DD63F1021DA.jpeg

Regan Bothma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really loving this thread I am debating on either of these 2 lighting options

2 x Fluval Sea marine 3.0.

or

2 x Current USA Orbit Marine

They both the same price range and will fit great with my new 150 litre Marine tank

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations regarding these 2 options ?

By the looks of the coral growth with the fluval 3.0 reef pics that were posted it looks like a great option

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I debated the same two options myself. The Fluval being waterproof and having an app to control it made the decision easy for me. Also it doesn’t have a fan so it makes zero noise. It’s a good light.

Regan Bothma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I debated the same two options myself. The Fluval being waterproof and having an app to control it made the decision easy for me. Also it doesn’t have a fan so it makes zero noise. It’s a good light.

Thanks for the reply AoD you made some really good points, my mind is made up I’ll go for the Fluval Sea Marine 3.0.

I didn’t even think about it not having fans so zero noise and that it’s waterproof, thanks that’s really helpful feedback.

The Fluval also has a 3 year warranty And Current USA has 1 year warranty.

My mind is made up Fluval it is thank mate

wowatracy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented the Apogee MQ-510 PAR meter and took some readings of my 48" Reef 3.0. This is with all channels at 100%. Tank is a 55g. I tried running my lights at Pink 5%, Cyan 80%, Blue 100%, Purple 80%, and White 100% but the LPS and softies didn't like it. I backed the White channel down to 60% and they're doing much better. Unfortunately I had to return the PAR meter before taking more readings. I plan on upping the White channel little by little until they start to show stress again and then I'll back down just a bit.
ObitFluval_100.jpg

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a current IC Pro x2 Loop. It’s a great light but the Fluval light has the WiFi and 3 year warranty that gives it the edge. You will need two fixtures to get similar par performance. Main downfall is you can’t rim mount the light like the current with a manufacturer rim mount.

If the 3.0 was around then I would have gotten 2x fluvals over the current Marine Pros IC Loop

Justin Allen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cam someone post a pic of what they recommend for the settings they use in the app? Like times and what percentages

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I’m using right now. I still have no idea what the optimal setting is. My light is over a 30 gallon.
CF250A6A-8020-44D8-AC92-00E4C4C29DD5.png

Back