Fluval Protein skimmer micro bubbles...problem?

3Boys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, first time posting. I guess I'm just looking for some advice with my current/on going issue. I'll begin by saying, I was out of the game for a long time (almost 20 years). My wife always wanted me to have a tank again but I was always hesitant because I wasn't ready for the commitment. But she ended up surprising me with a little Fluval 32 gallon tank over a year ago and I've been having a blast ever since. After a lot of research and catching up, I've done a few upgrades, removed the cover and got 2 AI Prime 16s, added an MP10 and everything has been doing great for a while now. Recently though... I've been noticing my protein skimmer is creating a lot of annoying micro bubbles. It is only the Fluval PS1 that was sold to her by the LFS when she got me the tank. Are micro bubbles an issue? Should I get a nice replacement? I've attached a few pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. So any and all comments or recommendations that you guys may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_5217.jpg IMG_5218.jpg IMG_5221.jpg

pepelemofo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your skimmer been running? I have the PS2 and i had microbubbles for about a week. Once I got it dialed in (which can be a fiddedly task) they went away.

OP
OP

3Boys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been going for at least 8 months and the bubbles seem to be getting worse

Back