Fluval PS2 Protein Skimmer Issue

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve scoured the forum and the internet for a while to read other people’s opinions on this Fluval PS2 skimmer and it seems like there’s a lot of negative reviews. After trying to get this thing to run “efficiently” in my tank, I feel like I’m lost. The collection cup fills up quick even though I have the water level adjusted pretty low. Other times all of a sudden the water level will rise like crazy out of nowhere and fill the collection cup almost immediately. There’s also like a million tiny bubbles flying around the tank and that also concerns me. I put little marks on the water adjuster and right around it like a clock to help myself figure out what a full rotation is and where a proper placement would be, not sure if that’s even helping. I’m going to attach some photos of what my issues look like. I’ve only ran this protein skimmer a few times maybe two separate days at 2-3 hour intervals because the collection cup would constantly fill up and I’d empty it in fear that it’ll overflow everywhere. I don’t exactly have the time to babysit this thing all day to make sure it doesn’t flood my living room haha. Any suggestions, advice or tips would be extremely appreciated! :)
3C53E60C-16FD-4BA1-9475-0C0B41AC14BF.jpeg
FC52C354-54B0-4E99-A5A6-7C63FCBB32D3.jpeg
B899C27C-DD80-42AA-A91F-C562A4F37F7F.jpeg

Back