Fluval Sea 32.5

VolatileReeFer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my latest build. It’s a Fluval Sea 32.5. I removed stock filtration, added inTank boxes. Icecap nano skimmer. Icecap ATO. Inkbird temp control. Removed hood and light. Added two Ecotech Radion XR15 Pro G5’s with the ceiling mounted track system. Two AI Nero 3 wavemakers. Obviously added dry rock and live sand. Added Marine Pure as well. So far it’s been a very painless build. No surprises. If you’re on the fence with a Fluval AIO, I’d recommend giving it a shot.
8E9D0B31-84E6-42A0-8F11-349CF1053987.jpeg

Reydin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my latest build. It’s a Fluval Sea 32.5. I removed stock filtration, added inTank boxes. Icecap nano skimmer. Icecap ATO. Inkbird temp control. Removed hood and light. Added two Ecotech Radion XR15 Pro G5’s with the ceiling mounted track system. Two AI Nero 3 wavemakers. Obviously added dry rock and live sand. Added Marine Pure as well. So far it’s been a very painless build. No surprises. If you’re on the fence with a Fluval AIO, I’d recommend giving it a shot.
8E9D0B31-84E6-42A0-8F11-349CF1053987.jpeg
How do you like those lights?

Tweeter173rd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too, have the really expensive ideas! I have been trying to find a thread about lighting with the Fluval 32.5 and been getting mostly skunked. I've been looking at the Radions, Red Sea and AI's to light my tank. The issue is that I am going to have to keep the lid on the tank (wife's orders), so I want to cut the fixture/fixtures into the hood. This obviously means that I will be having to turn them way way down to avoid hot spots and bleaching everything, but what I cannot find the answer to is if I will be needing 1 or 2 to get a good lighting spread since they'll be 2/3" off the water line.

Or could it be possible to get a clear acrylic molded into a replacement cover and use a mounting arm for the light?

Looking for options since I have 2 of the Marine 3.0's and they do ok, but i want better than OK. Even if it means my kid has to wait an extra month or two to start pre school!

Reydin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too, have the really expensive ideas! I have been trying to find a thread about lighting with the Fluval 32.5 and been getting mostly skunked. I've been looking at the Radions, Red Sea and AI's to light my tank. The issue is that I am going to have to keep the lid on the tank (wife's orders), so I want to cut the fixture/fixtures into the hood. This obviously means that I will be having to turn them way way down to avoid hot spots and bleaching everything, but what I cannot find the answer to is if I will be needing 1 or 2 to get a good lighting spread since they'll be 2/3" off the water line.

Or could it be possible to get a clear acrylic molded into a replacement cover and use a mounting arm for the light?

Looking for options since I have 2 of the Marine 3.0's and they do ok, but i want better than OK. Even if it means my kid has to wait an extra month or two to start pre school!
From what I saw on the BRS YouTube channel about the AIs they say two for a 4’ long tank. I think I’m going to ditch the lid and get 2 AIs. Good luck with putting them in the lid. I think it’s going to heat the water up a lot.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back