Flying Aquarium Security Camera?!?

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody heard about the new ring flying security cam?! Basically it sits in this dock and then when triggered manually or via an alarm, it flys around your house recording in a a pre programmed path. I also believe it can be controlled manually. I’m sure it would work for security purposes, but what about having a flying camera to fly around to each one of your tanks to check on them while you’re out of town?!?

F807B3F2-CE6E-468B-9244-467936BD60D2.jpeg

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definitely let someone demonstrate that thing to you for that price. It doesn't look like it is stabilized at all and would result in a shaky mess, maybe cleaned up by software a little bit.
And with the brand and the docking station and the ecosystem you probably have a $50 drone in that $250 package.

JayLu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look pretty cool! It could also be used to fly around and check for a bunch of other things besides the aquarium, like checking that the oven is turned off.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like you'd be much better off with a cheap webcam on each tank. Plus, no risk of a flying camera damaging something or deciding it wants to go for a swim.
If you set up a raspberry pi with a camera, you could use it for other things as well. A pi-hole (or octopi if you have a 3D printer) is well worth the money, for example.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back