FM Trace Elements with Randys Recipe

Jayellul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone worked out mixing ratio if i were to use the 3 Fauna Marin Trace Elements in Randys Recipe?

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy's recipe using exactly what ingredients sourced from where? The trace elements in most commonly available ingredients that would be used in Randy's recipe are almost certainly already present, and almost certainly in levels greater than NSW levels, but who really knows? You would be adding a carefully calculated dose of trace elements to a mix of nobody-really-knows-exactly-what. I'm not sure what the point would be.

OP
OP
J

Jayellul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy's recipe using exactly what ingredients sourced from where? The trace elements in most commonly available ingredients that would be used in Randy's recipe are almost certainly already present, and almost certainly in levels greater than NSW levels, but who really knows? You would be adding a carefully calculated dose of trace elements to a mix of nobody-really-knows-exactly-what. I'm not sure what the point would be.

If you don't have any constructive feedback please don't comment.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I'm not sure the need for many trace elements is related to calcification alone, so I'd be reluctant to tie the dosing of trace elements to the need for calcium and alkalinity.

For example, macroalgae and soft corals use little calcium and alkalinity, but may take up more trace elements than hard corals since they may add tissue mass faster. :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back