FMM accessory port.... stuck on (on ATK)

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so.... the pmup got stuck on which must indicate something wrong with the FMM, as the optical sensors are still working perfectly, haha good thing I caught it in time only raised the water level 2 inches...
There was just a weird noise coming from the FMM which led to to check.
But anyways, that noise is no longer present, but now every time the PMUP turns on it cant turn off, the indicator on fusion reads (OFF), even setting the switch to OFF does not work, makes a click sound in the FMM but the PMUP is still on,
Unplugging the power supply of course turns it off.
So, any suggestions on what to do?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless the FMM has a physical defect, my first guess is that your Apex config might have a duplicate name, so while you think you're turning off the output, that slider is actually controlling a different output with the same name. Duplicate names can wreak havoc on an Apex setup. Look through your list of Inputs, Outputs, Modules, and Profiles to ensure no two items are named identically.

OP
OP
|Tom the Bomb|

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless the FMM has a physical defect, my first guess is that your Apex config might have a duplicate name, so while you think you're turning off the output, that slider is actually controlling a different output with the same name. Duplicate names can wreak havoc on an Apex setup. Look through your list of Inputs, Outputs, Modules, and Profiles to ensure no two items are named identically.
Thing is it's not like I just set it up, set it up a while ago, it just happened like yesterday, while I entered the room and heard a weird noise coming from the cabinet, took a look, came from the FMM and noticed the PMUP was on, took a look in the sump and it was almost full!

It has worked perfectly before! and I have not added anything new on or renamed, but I will check for duplicates

EDIT: but doesn't the description on the outlets say what each thing is, checked that my "ATO" switch I was looking/using and it does appear to be the ACC output
1636068320221.png

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the weird noise sounded like a rapid series of clicking

That's the sound of one of the relays trying to turn power on or off to something the module is powering (in your case the ato pump?. Either the relay was failing and finally failed open, or the pump is t responding the way the module expects.

Are you sure the optical sensors are working? All the virtual ports that correspond to them are appropriately open or closed?

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw Ive had clicking occur when my pump ran dry and started to fail. But the sounds like the opposite of your issue

OP
OP
|Tom the Bomb|

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the sound of one of the relays trying to turn power on or off to something the module is powering (in your case the ato pump?. Either the relay was failing and finally failed open, or the pump is t responding the way the module expects.

Are you sure the optical sensors are working? All the virtual ports that correspond to them are appropriately open or closed?
optical sensors are working, I tested moving them up and down, and the switches opened/closed the way they should, I even had the alarm go off then the ATK overfilled

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back