Foamy water?

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dosing nopox for a week now and noticed my sump is filled with foamy water? Like bubbles? Any idea what’s going on there?

4757BD61-CE51-4F82-99A7-2A757D9BB6EF.jpeg

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l also observe the similar thing dosing NOPOX but not as bad as in your picture. I will let someone far more knowledgeable than I answer but I assume this is the bacteria breaking down the organics so it is a temporary surge in organics which the skimmer has yet to remove.

What is your water volume and how much NOPOX are you dosing? Also what is the skimmer you are running?

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l also observe the similar thing dosing NOPOX but not as bad as in your picture. I will let someone far more knowledgeable than I answer but I assume this is the bacteria breaking down the organics so it is a temporary surge in organics which the skimmer has yet to remove.

What is your water volume and how much NOPOX are you dosing? Also what is the skimmer you are running?
550L and 150L sump dosing 15ml nitrates are between 50-100
Skimmer is a boyu DG2516

in the morning there was less foam not like yesterday night my skimmer USED to be frothing like crazy but it doesn’t seem to me anymore

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can put a small pump in their to circulate the water and cause some surface movement? This will mix ur sump and all your water volume.
Your gonna wanna do this. Lol.
D
Odd how it’s gone now though just randomly popped up and went will see about getting a pump in there

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if your skimmer is struggling to keep up. I certainly get some bubbles as you can see from the picture I just took but my Nyos 120 is pulling out a load of wet foam. In fact, I have been emptying my skimmer 3 times a day with the cup being 1/3rd to 1/2 full. Are you getting something similar from your skimmer?

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_181004466.jpg
    IMG_20210518_181004466.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if your skimmer is struggling to keep up. I certainly get some bubbles as you can see from the picture I just took but my Nyos 120 is pulling out a load of wet foam. In fact, I have been emptying my skimmer 3 times a day with the cup being 1/3rd to 1/2 full. Are you getting something similar from your skimmer?
Don’t empty my skimmer as much as that it’s attached to a 2L bottle so empties out into there once that’s full I change it currently it’s half full since my last message

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Nyos 120 and it does not have a drain plug so I have no choice! What is interesting is that it has slowed down a bit so I now empty the skimmer twice a day. I would say in total, it is a complete skimmer full over the day. I am dosing 2.4ml of NOPOX a day over 4 doses using my Apex DOS. My tank is nearly 200 litres (52 US gal). The bubbles are not so noticeable so this maybe a temporary thing while the skimmers catch up pulling out the extra nutrients broking down by the bacteria and the extra bacteria themselves. If only we had a way of testing for this!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back