Food coloring

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used this in the past to test flow patterns but that was a test tank and wasn’t concern if it was toxic to corals. Didn’t expect it being toxic to fish since it’s not supposedly toxic to humans. Thoughts on using it in a tank with corals? Easily removed with GAC as far as the coloring.

Below are the ingredients from McCormick my wife has and clueless I’m using.

IMG_3769.png
Propylparaben is suspected to contribute to coral bleaching, based on experimental evidence of bleaching in other organisms.

OP
OP
GARRIGA

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try calcium carbonate. You can see the flow if you got a good eye (it will mix quickly) and then you can see your filtration work it out of the system and I don't think there are downsides to even consider
Would that give different results vs using Seachem Clarity? Coral snow was suggested previously and I'm going to use it regardless to clarify.

OP
OP
GARRIGA

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that give different results vs using Seachem Clarity? Coral snow was suggested previously and I'm going to use it regardless to clarify.
Sorry I must have missed where it was suggested. I second it then. Nope. No difference; it's all CaCO₃ far as I know.

OP
OP
GARRIGA

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I must have missed where it was suggested. I second it then. Nope. No difference; it's all CaCO₃ far as I know.
Makes sense. Although they never disclose their so called proprietary formula unless one figures out matrix is just pumice.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 122 76.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 18 11.3%
Back