Food for fish

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I ran out of mysis I normally feed and don’t know what brand I normally buy but yesterday I bought a cune and it came out as just chuncks not mysis and I thought it was mysis. But had no choice but to feed it. I wake up this morning and there is just gha everywhere. I originally still had a high nutrient system with little specs of gha on my rocks but this was insane. And I just had to feed it again because I still have nothing left. It’s crazy, will probably do a 20% water change on a waterbox 50.3 AIO. But should I take each individual rock out tomorrow when I am doing the water change and scrub them in the bucket of dirty water and throw them back in?

IMG_5688.jpeg IMG_5443.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how old is the tank? What are the nitrate and phosphate levels? What are you feeding, do you have a picture?

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how old is the tank? What are the nitrate and phosphate levels? What are you feeding, do you have a picture?
I uploaded a pick. I’ll also upload what my tank was before a massive crash. Nitrate are super high and my phosphate a couple days ago was .25 on api but lower then that as told. My nitrates are probsbly even higher they were at 50 and my tank was perfectly clean. Now they are probsbly 100+ and phosphates probsbly at 1.

I’m just trying to figure out the most effective way to get the gha off.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a newer tank condition to me.
EDIT : do you have any cuc in there? Looks like it's time for some snails and manual labor.
It’s not new, it just crashed a couple months ago. Clean up crew died, waiting on the lfs to get more.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 19

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back