Food for maroon clownfish.

Roberth101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a new maroon clownfish today 1 of 2 first additions to my new 90 gallon display. Now for the problem, the lfs is more than an hour away (not to local) anyway i cant make it back until Saturday. When i got home with the clown and blue velvet damsel, I realised i did not pick up any food. I do plan on making my own frozen food but can i feed them freshwater flakes for a few days?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get some pellets from amazon for the time being until you can get some frozen. If you have no options for now other than flake, it will be fine as long as they eat them.

OP
OP
Roberth101

Roberth101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's no petco or petsmart local to you? you don't have amazon?
Amazon prime is still 2 days. And i have my sons freshwater flakes here now. I am sure the little guys will be hungry before amazon gets here.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon prime is still 2 days. And i have my sons freshwater flakes here now. I am sure the little guys will be hungry before amazon gets here.
They will be fine not eating for a couple days until an amazon order arrives. Again if they eat the flake then just wait till you can get back to the lfs. Throw some flake in there now and see if they look at it and eat it or spit it out. You could also go to a market and get some clams, shrimp to feed them in the meantime.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree that you may get a better feeding response from finely chopped shrimp. The freshwater flakes won't hurt them for a couple of days, but don't be surprised if they spit it back out. In addition to frozen foods, I also recommend @Reef Nutrition's TDO Chroma BOOST pellets.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

they'll be fine for 2 days. i recommend the PE mysis pellets on amazon, New life spectrum is good too. then if you ever do a BRS order i'd get some TDO pellets. and then next time you're at the lfs grab some frozen

OP
OP
Roberth101

Roberth101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine not eating for a couple days until an amazon order arrives. Again if they eat the flake then just wait till you can get back to the lfs. Throw some flake in there now and see if they look at it and eat it or spit it out. You could also go to a market and get some clams, shrimp to feed them in the meantime.
I have shrimp, and scallops and a lobster tail thawing out so i can cut it up. Or should o just throw it in the food processor?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have shrimp, and scallops and a lobster tail thawing out so i can cut it up. Or should o just throw it in the food processor?

Either should work, but realize that you are only going to need a little bit for each feeding for the clown. What else do you have in the tank other than the new clown?

OP
OP
Roberth101

Roberth101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the clown and a blue velvet damsel for now. 2 more fish will be added in 2 weeks.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back