Fool proof way to get your loved ones to look at your reef tank

Are your loved ones interested in your reef?

• Yes

Votes: 179 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 23.9%
  • Somewhat (please explain)

Votes: 149 34.6%

• Total voters

DoobDob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have to do to get people to notice my tank is have an algae bloom. It never fails.

Lol, feels that way sometimes.
Besides my brother (who loves feeding the fish), I have to drag people to come see my tank. I also dont understand my nephew and niece, at their age i would of been amazed, they dont even bother turning their heads to look at my tank. Only my brothers into it as much as me.

Seajellyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband always said he wanted a saltwater tank but when it finally came time to get one I couldnt get him back into it. 6 months later and he is starting to show interest now that I'm talking about possible corals.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife loves that it makes me happy and will come into my office to look at it some times, but that is about it. My son loves the tank. It's the first thing he shows his friends when they come over. He has names for all the fish. Just about every letter we have gotten from him while he is in boot camp has asked how the aquarium is doing.
So, in our house, reef interest is held by 2/3rds!

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to sit on top of it and light myself on fire to get my wife to look at it, she just doesn't care one way or the other. It's just furniture to her. I try to explain about all the life in it but she just nods and says "that's nice."

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband is into it. I’m the one that does all the research and care, he’s the one that foots the bill. Lol. He’s an electrician though so trying to convince him that I need actual reef lights, not just the brightest thing on his truck is irritating. He bought a huge LTA anemone so it shrinking before his eyes is helping my case.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife loves that it makes me happy and will come into my office to look at it some times, but that is about it. My son loves the tank. It's the first thing he shows his friends when they come over. He has names for all the fish. Just about every letter we have gotten from him while he is in boot camp has asked how the aquarium is doing.
So, in our house, reef interest is held by 2/3rds!
What branch.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
SEE HOW FAST THEY RUN TO THE TANK TO SEE WHAT NEW ITEM WAS ADDED !!!!

broke-memes-1515447745-list-handheld-0.jpg

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my boss ( wife ) to Orlando Reefapalooza after I set up my RedSea Max S-650 LED at home and she loved it, now we are going to Orlando Macna , my parents and father in law keep calling my acros “cactus” , the gsp they used to call it grass and some other acros they call them trees, I guess is lack of information because they love the colors and the different forms and shapes but there is a lot that they don’t know. Sometimes I find my kids (23 & 20) seating on the sides of the tank looking at it until show up and they change their eyes to their phones like not telling me that they love the tank and enjoy every bid but I know they do. I can certainly say that what I love the most is that my wife share everything about, now we are about to start a binge remodeling on the entire house and she already asked me if am getting a bigger tank wish for me by surprise but of course I said YES I will if I can sale my current tank, I guess it makes this hobby a lot easier when the family jumps IN

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They loved looking at the euphylia and gsp and anything that waved around with the flow. As I slowly moved to all acros and sps they seem to have lost interest while mine has only grown.
Waiting to pull colors out of acros and seeing them grow.

Haha this is the number one reason I must keep gsp in my tank! The weekly haircuts it needs is a small sacrifice to keep my husband somewhat interested.

Oliver d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife puts up with it because she knows it makes me happy and keeps me at home,she never asks how much or from where or what this or that is.If it where filled with chocolate she would see it instantly.My son sometimes will look at it,if he sees something new in itor to check if Nemo is still around.He is 22.My daughter on the other hand can sit in front of the tank for hours watching the creatures.

Fred B.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffer and cowfish...they’re the ones that caught my wife attention. Z & Bob. This site is like a family & I learn something every time I am on it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back