For those who dose Nitrates and Phosphates...a question

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have to dose or I get the brown slime stuff. I have this very rough algae on the glass. The magnetic scrapper sounds like sand paper ! I have to use a razor scraper on it. I have since cut back on dosing to see what happens. Good luck finding a good balance .

What do you dose that prevents a brown slime?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Randy, I had no measurable No3/Po4's. I started dosing stump remover & flourish. As soon as I had some color to the tests The brown slimy stuff went away. I also beefed up the cuc . I also had Ha all over etc. It's much better now. However as stated I develops this tough/rough light green algae on the glass.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Randy, I had no measurable No3/Po4's. I started dosing stump remover & flourish. As soon as I had some color to the tests The brown slimy stuff went away. I also beefed up the cuc . I also had Ha all over etc. It's much better now. However as stated I develops this tough/rough light green algae on the glass.

Thanks.

Might the brown slime have been dinos?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back