for total "control" Which controller is best bang?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Just beware of the clicking that the 6045s might do when turning on if you set them up on a timer. Thats why I got rid of my Tunze.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah noticed that already. 1 of em actually takes about 10 seconds before finding the "groove" and start working correctly.

Yeah. Just beware of the clicking that the 6045s might do when turning on if you set them up on a timer. Thats why I got rid of my Tunze.

Reggie

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so could i put my tunze's, chiller, lights on a EB8? or would that obviously be too much for it?>

EB8 has some limitations -- 5 amps per outlet and total current should be less than 15 amps.
EB4 can run 12 amps for only 1 outlet, 8 amps for 3 outlets, and total current should be less than 15 amps if using all 4.

That means if your chiller is about 7 amps, then you can't plug it on the EB8.

Last edited:

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are also differences in the Apex and Apex Light base units. I know one difference is that the Apex base unit has variable outputs (good for pumps and dimmable lights), not sure what else.

CJ

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex all the way. Another advantage is if you use Ecotech MPX0 you can control them with the WXM module.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EB8 has some limitations -- 5 amps per outlet and total current should be less than 15 amps.
EB4 can run 12 amps for only 1 outlet, 8 amps for 3 outlets, and total current should be less than 15 amps if using all 4.

That means if your chiller is about 7 amps, then you can't plug it on the EB8.

shucks. eh it's ok. i can run my chiller off another outlet no problem.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get the light man buy the time you buy the add Ons to get to what a apex does your way over the cost of a apex from the start... Look for used ones I got mine for 400$ even saw on recently somewhere for 350$ just keep your eyes peeled...;)

haha if you got it off r2r i think i just tried to ctc the guy and you already pulled the trigger on that one :sad:

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have an AC Jr and it does all I need it to do.....but my vote would go for the Apex,my Jr has been awesome for over 3 years now,and if later I want to upgrade to an Apex,my DC8 and DC4HD will work with it,it is backwards compatible :D

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Apex
If your chiller draws too many amps you can add an additional module that plugs into the eb8 for control but has its own cord to the electrical outlet. I had to split my lighting with one of these because the last 400w light wouldn't fire correctly. It was under $50 but I forget exactly how much.
I control lighting (2 660 ice caps and 3 400w MH), 6 tunzes making a wave, skimmer, ozone, heaters, reactor pumps..hmm probably more stuff too.
Can run it from my cell phone or any computer with web access.
And I am going to add more to it

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha thats NUTS! thanks i've made up my mind. i'll be purchasing the APEX base thru them directly or if i can find some other reefer selling his/hers.

Back