Formalin banned?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
1,425
Reaction score
1,251
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS yesterday and one of the owners told me they had to pull all of the medications that contained formalin/formaldehyde because it had been banned due to carcinogenicity. Has anyone else heard of this? That would be a blow to disease treatment, as formalin can be very useful. Like I told the owner, how can they use that excuse to pull useful medications and still leave cigarettes on the market?
 
I was at my LFS yesterday and one of the owners told me they had to pull all of the medications that contained formalin/formaldehyde because it had been banned due to carcinogenicity. Has anyone else heard of this? That would be a blow to disease treatment, as formalin can be very useful. Like I told the owner, how can they use that excuse to pull useful medications and still leave cigarettes on the market?

They don't make much tax money on formalin
 
I believe it is in some states, not in others. You can still get it last time I checked. That was a year ago though. Maybe things have changed.
 
I believe it is in some states, not in others. You can still get it last time I checked. That was a year ago though. Maybe things have changed.

Yeah, it’s probabaly known to the state of California for something...

I just ordered another bottle of formalin online: https://pentairaes.com/parasite-s.html

The only thing that ****** me off is the bottle they sent me expires in like 5 months. Especially when I know that 37% formaldehyde has a 2 year shelf life. :mad:
Even after 2 years it’s still probably 36.5% formaldehyde! We had specimens in school that were still well preserved after 20+ years
 
Remmeber hearing not to use it if bottle was opened more than few months ago?
 
I just ordered another bottle of formalin online: https://pentairaes.com/parasite-s.html

The only thing that ****** me off is the bottle they sent me expires in like 5 months. Especially when I know that 37% formaldehyde has a 2 year shelf life. :mad:

I've had similar experiences with ordering various things online, including getting expired packages. It isn't often a problem, but I like to keep some things on hand and not have to rotate them like bananas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new