Formalin-MS

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I have no business ties to FishVet (who makes Formalin-MS) or PetSolutions (who is the main reseller of Formalin-MS). I just recognize that Formalin-MS is the "gold standard" for 37% formaldehyde treatment and the supply disruption over the holidays caused some people to get upset. o_O

Therefore, I am happy to report that PetSolutions now has Formalin-MS back in stock: https://www.petsolutions.com/C/External-Parasite-Ich-Fish-Medications/I/Formalin-MS.aspx

More info on the product itself can be found here: http://www.fishvet.com/Formalin-MS.htm

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This works out nicely because I am getting ready to write a "sticky" on formalin use, and had no idea where to tell people to buy pure formalin (37% formaldehyde) with Formalin-MS being out of stock everywhere. :p

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per the mfg Fritz, Quick Cure also contains 37% formaldehyde. :)

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this sticky include the alternative Acriflavine? :). We all appreciate your work on these!

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is its life span in the bottle? I have two bottles that are over a year old. I thin I read where you said it's no good after a year.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is its life span in the bottle? I have two bottles that are over a year old. I thin I read where you said it's no good after a year.

Formaldehyde has a 24 month shelf life.

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per the mfg Fritz, Quick Cure also contains 37% formaldehyde. :)

I just got my QC late last night in the mail (3days late). But anyway just to make sure I'm dosing correctly the bottle says 2 drops per gallon for marine fish. This should be correct right? Or should I be careful and do only one drop? Treating tang for black ich.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my QC late last night in the mail (3days late). But anyway just to make sure I'm dosing correctly the bottle says 2 drops per gallon for marine fish. This should be correct right? Or should I be careful and do only one drop? Treating tang for black ich.

Yes, dose 2 drops per gallon. You have to dose less of QC than you would Formalin-MS to account for the Malachite Green QC also contains.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Formalin is ordered. I looked at the QC but no desorption listed the specific amount % so I wasn't sure.

Last edited:

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back