Formosa Wrasse reef safe?

Manuel935

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a formosa wrasse who has been bothering my mushroom coral, he isnt actually eating the coral but he is picking at something in the frag plug, does anyone know if this means he is trying to eat the coral or if he is just curious, and if he is just curious what can I do to get him to stop? Btw i have another mushroom which he pays no attention too.

OP
OP
M

Manuel935

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a 2 foot fish eventually, it will someday need more than a 210.

Yeah i realized not to long ago, but the online place i bought it from said it only needed a 180, if not I wouldve never bought it, but i love the fish so when the time comes to get rid of it Im going to make sure it goes to a good home.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never trust online vendor's info on fish size and care. They're trying to sell fish, not educate you, so research is a must in this hobby. But we've all been in that situation before, so you're not alone. Beautiful fish though. If I could have a tank full of wrasses and triggerfish, I'd be the happiest person on earth, but I would need an ocean-sized tank for that to happen. :p

Bensonthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Formosas look good but they just won't stop turning baseball size rocks over. Strong fish. Corals not glued will also get turned over. I won't get a formosa again and a bela goby who spits sand all over the place. I have the wrong fish as a beginner.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 153 75.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 30 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back