Forum etiquette

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about etiquette for reef2reef. I know the general forum rules but wondered about mentioning products that are not sponsors. I saw a post where someone mentioned that and I wondered if it was a no-no. Also, other than general politeness and staying out of conflicts between members in the buy/sell forum, is there anything else I need to know?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe its the links to outside vendors thats not allowed. Unless the mentioning or link is valid for the topic at hand.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of this is covered in the TOS: https://www.reef2reef.com/?pageid=TOS

S
pecifically:

Be Ethical:

Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share. With a few specific exceptions (see sponsor section), participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.

* Participants may not post to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a sponsor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted.
* Participants may not use the main Forums to direct others to the advertising Forums.
* Participants may not send out SPAM via our Private Message system.
* Members may have only one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, they will be deleted or consolidated.
* Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
* No price fishing (using threads and post to try and gain maximum monetary gain from an item for sale)
* Participants agree not to bash or talk negatively about any other community forums or BB's.
* Ebay links are not allowed in regards to promoting your own ebay sales.
* Non-Sponsor Vendors are not allowed to post photos.

It is OK to mention other vendors' products as long as it is not hyping. For example, I have recommended Seahorsesource.com as a place for people to purchase seahorses.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back