Found a big Leopard Polyclad Flatworm

AaaRr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am inspecting the tank this morning I see a giant flat worm I've never seen before. Got a quick picture and was able to ID it. I get to try and hunt this guy down.

Its been a rough weekend for my tank. I'm moving tanks currently. My old main tank I moved to the other side of the room. to make room for the new one. That did not go well as I've lost two fish (lack of oxygen I think) yesterday and have corals RTN left and right today. I think the RTN is due to adding another powerhead (to increase oxygen) and it just rip flesh off the corals. Feeling terrible for my tank right now.

1631556113528.png

OP
OP
A

AaaRr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, no clue he was even there. I'd say about 5 inches by 2 inches maybe a little bigger. I guess that's why it never seems like I have snails. Thankfully he has not gotten my clam but I am worried now.

rgulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a beaut! Did you name him yet? Fit him with a spiked collar?
No, really, that would be a great feature for a small "specimen" aquarium, if you could manage. Of course, there would be the cost of feeding, but think of it along the lines of keeping a peacock mantis or some such...
Cheers,
Ray :cool:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am inspecting the tank this morning I see a giant flat worm I've never seen before. Got a quick picture and was able to ID it. I get to try and hunt this guy down.

Its been a rough weekend for my tank. I'm moving tanks currently. My old main tank I moved to the other side of the room. to make room for the new one. That did not go well as I've lost two fish (lack of oxygen I think) yesterday and have corals RTN left and right today. I think the RTN is due to adding another powerhead (to increase oxygen) and it just rip flesh off the corals. Feeling terrible for my tank right now.

1631556113528.png
They tear and damage very easily if you are gunna try to remove with tweezers so be careful if you want to keep it. Try to remove it on a rock or let it crawl on something then remove it

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1631556113528.png
I know old thread was wondering if u got it out. I seen one in my tank last night. It was huge. It was all in the rock holes so I couldn't get it and was kinda scared to. But I am worried about my 2 clams as well. Idk what to do

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tear and damage very easily if you are gunna try to remove with tweezers so be careful if you want to keep it. Try to remove it on a rock or let it crawl on something then remove it
Hey do u think if it rips in half it would die? Or would it just go on living. I have a big one in my tank I just noticed 2 nights ago and was in the rock holes so no where to grab. But I just hoping I can get him before he gets my clams. But I haven't added any new coral in long time or rock so he most been in there for a long time.idk any help you had be great.

Back