Found him

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, someday I'm going to put covers over my overflow but until then I like to play the game of hide-and-seek. My yellow Cori's wrasse is fairly skittish and if you walk too quickly past the tank he will launch himself, which he did about 4 days ago. My tank is a 120. it's kind of a pain to get him out of it,so I left him in,hoping that he'll jump out on his own. After a couple of days of not seeing him in the main tank I pulled out the kitchen chair, placed it against the tank, stood on it, leaned over the tank, rested my head against the wall supporting my body so I don't put weight on the tank and reached my long monkey arms into the Overflow trying to scoop the fish out. Nothing couldn't find him. My overflow drains directly into filter socks. I checked them and took a flashlight checked the sump. I didn't see anything. Over this time I did hear large splashing which sounded just like him coming from the main tank so my thoughts were he jumped back into the tank and landed right into one of the 4 bubble tips that's surround the Overflow. Last night after the lights went out I heard some more splashing that sounded like him. It' fairly distinctive as he's relatively large. Took the flashlight this morning found him! He had made it throughout the sump and was sleeping underneath the return pump. In the words of Winston Churchill "never, never, never give up."

Last edited:

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Cool story ! So the fish went from the tank & ended up under the return pump !
May I ask what path this traveler took?

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Cool story ! So the fish went from the tank & ended up under the return pump !
May I ask what path this traveler took?
Jumped into the Overflow went through the tubes into a filter sock, got out of the filter sock and jumped from that 1st compartment into the rock/ Cheeto compartment and finally jumped into the return pump compartment

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back