Found these on my zoas plug

TheRockPlayz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been in my tank for awhile but suddenly my zoas started looking like it was missing a polyp and today now it looks like a second one is gone so I picked these off the plug but there’s still a “bubble” in the middle of my zoas that is not algae the pictures are not the best. Temp is higher than I would like but I can’t really cool it down aside from some ice packs here and there.
No other corals seem effected
Any ideas?

Salinity is 1.025
Nitrates are at ~.2
Temp is 79-80.4

20260417_140947_CC667F79-7EEC-429A-8B7F-FFE971D1E8A0.png

20260417_140947_90A638F9-E012-47B0-9785-798B356294FC.png

20260417_140947_C5E9EC28-3DB2-4A40-92F7-38ED818B759C.png
 
Aim a fan down at the surface of the water or a powerhead upward towards the surface of the water and cause some more agitation. That'll help increase evaporation that will help cool down your water.

For the Zoas, I'm unsure. The tubes in the first picture appear to be a form of tube worm. Most of the ones we see are usually harmless filter feeders but they can irritate corals when they open.

I can't see the "bubble" but can you describe it more? Do you see little "feathers" flick out and in of an opening?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new