Found this on my magnetic rock uptop

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what it is, seems like eggs.

Only pair I have of anything are my clowns and this rock isn't remotely close to where they even hang.

Screenshot_20161104-183253.png 20161104_180840.jpg

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh! I don't recognize these. They remind me of damsel eggs. How big are they? Can you back up a little bit?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What was it "on top of"? Like was it over a particular algae, coral, surface or more generalized like across a few surfaces. Could it have come up from underneath versus being laid from above? Does that make sense at all?

OP
OP
reef4beer

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What was it "on top of"? Like was it over a particular algae, coral, surface or more generalized like across a few surfaces. Could it have come up from underneath versus being laid from above? Does that make sense at all?

Yeah it was definitely on top off the surface. The rock is a ceramic rock that's been in the tank for almost a year and a half. I touched it yesterday and it was hard wasn't suoer squishy or anything. It was laid on that specific area on top of the rock, I found my Molly Miller laying on top of it almost as if it was guarding it.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was definitely on top off the surface. The rock is a ceramic rock that's been in the tank for almost a year and a half. I touched it yesterday and it was hard wasn't suoer squishy or anything. It was laid on that specific area on top of the rock, I found my Molly Miller laying on top of it almost as if it was guarding it.
May have been waiting on dinner:)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back