Fountain pump in saltwater?

Feeshrfriendsnotfood

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw a post here the other day, I think it was titled “over the edge”, it was a rimless nano tank where the whole edge was the overflow and would cascade down to the sump. Well I sell this neat plastic trifle dish and punch bowl at work (maybe half gallon total volume if even that) So a normal size return pump would be absolute overkill, but is there any reason a tabletop fountain pump wouldn’t work in saltwater?
 
I thought as much. Anyone know a good pump for a Pico reef? Might just have to do it freshwater planted instead
 
I bought these in for 12 volt Power outages flow. I haven’t had a bit of problem with them except twice Astrina Stars jammed a pump, in a little over a year.

Visit the MOUNTAIN_ARK Store
4.3 out of 5 stars261Reviews

2 Pack 63 GPH (240L/H ) Submersible Water Pump DC 12V 3.6W 9.8ft Lift for Fish Tank Pumping, Rockery Water, Bonsai Fountain​

Amazon's Choicein Water Garden & Pond Pumps by MOUNTAIN_ARK

  1. 2 Pack 63 GPH (240L/H ) Submersible Water Pump DC 12V 3.6W 9.8ft Lift for Fish Tank Pumping, Rockery Water, Bonsai Fountain

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new