Four 1" overflow lines

  • Thread starter Thread starter geko522
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

geko522

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
49
Location
Boynton Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Eshopp pf-1000 hob overflow boxes. I got a second one for free and would like to use it. I have a 75g mix reef tank with a 40g breeder sump. I'm using a fleece roller and a protein skimmer. My question is, I run the four 1" lines to the sump and the fleece roller takes two of this lines, what do I do with the other two lines? I was going to take one line from each overflow box and connect to the fleece roller and the other two lines I don't know what to do with. Thanks for any guidance, I'm a newbie.

Screenshot_20240409_223540_Chrome.jpg
 
One overflow/2 one inch lines for a 75g is more than enough
 
Yep. With a u-tube style overflow if the flow through the tubes isn’t strong you can get air build up at the top of the u-tubes. If enough air gathers you loose siphon and it stops draining. Do not add a second overflow is what I would strongly recommend
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new