lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, Need some advice here. I have a 240 FOWLR with about 15 fishes in there. I have some brown algae growing on the tank not much but its annoying and I'm wondering what else should i do to eradicate it. I do vodka dosing and I'm at 8ml/day. I use 3 cups of phosban and replace it every 2 weeks. I haven't done a water chance since Aug 2017. No fatalities and all the fishes are fat and healthy. should i increase the dosing more and see if 10-12ml/day helps? please pitch in.

Phos 5ppm
Nitrate 30ppm

Eshopps r-300
2 300w aqueon heater
80 pounds LR
Vertex Skimmer 300 gallon
M1 pump
MP60 and MP40

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, Need some advice here. I have a 240 FOWLR with about 15 fishes in there. I have some brown algae growing on the tank not much but its annoying and I'm wondering what else should i do to eradicate it. I do vodka dosing and I'm at 8ml/day. I use 3 cups of phosban and replace it every 2 weeks. I haven't done a water chance since Aug 2017. No fatalities and all the fishes are fat and healthy. should i increase the dosing more and see if 10-12ml/day helps? please pitch in.

Phos 5ppm
Nitrate 30ppm

Eshopps r-300
2 300w aqueon heater
80 pounds LR
Vertex Skimmer 300 gallon
M1 pump
MP60 and MP40
Other than the skimmer, do you have any other means of nutrient export since you're not doing water changes? Your 5PPM phosphate and 30PPM nitrate is most likely whats causing your algae outbreak.

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the skimmer, do you have any other means of nutrient export since you're not doing water changes? Your 5PPM phosphate and 30PPM nitrate is most likely whats causing your algae outbreak.

Pretty much that's it. I was planning to move the rocks from the fuge compartment and make a cheato only fuge with an H80. by the way is added a UV and a carbon reactor on it. But i guess the UV is not powerful enough. Light schedule is only 2hrs a day at night when I'm in the fishroom.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much that's it. I was planning to move the rocks from the fuge compartment and make a cheato only fuge with an H80. by the way is added a UV and a carbon reactor on it. But i guess the UV is not powerful enough. Light schedule is only 2hrs a day at night when I'm in the fishroom.
Your main lights are only on 2 hours a day or three kessil h80 is only on for 2 hours?

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main light are 2 A80 that runs 2hrs a day since the tank has no corals. the Fuge will have an H80.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back