FOWLR tank setup light

Drasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready soon for my FOWLR tank setup, and I need a light for it. I don't need anything fancy as corals are not my intent, as I have a green spotted puffer that I suspect will destroy them based on what I've read. Either way, its not my plan for this tank.

What basic lights would be recommended?

OP
OP
Drasi

Drasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm possibly considering two of these (It will be on a 75g - so I need 48")... I have Nicrew on a few FW tanks and like it

Or even though I dont plan on doing Reef, I kinda like the stand/etc... And might give me an opportunity to redo my lid setup on my tank.

Now I found two more LOL:

OR

Last edited:

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one of those would work for FO tank. Fish dont care what kind of lights you use. Get cheapest light that looks good to you, and that has spectrum that you like and buy it.

Fish man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready soon for my FOWLR tank setup, and I need a light for it. I don't need anything fancy as corals are not my intent, as I have a green spotted puffer that I suspect will destroy them based on what I've read. Either way, its not my plan for this tank.

What basic lights would be recommended?
I've had the Beamswork on my tank for about 5 years with no issues. I started with FO and supplemented it with additional lighting when I started getting into coral.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really struggled with this when I was setting on my 180 FO. I used those Beamswork, and other cheap LED lights from amazon and none of them looked that nice and got returned. I tried out quite a few of them. I spent more and went with Reefbrite bars, I run a 50/50 and white on a 180 and it is amazing light! They make the lumilite pro which has two channels to adjust lighting. They are very low profile and are really bright. I just couldnt find a cheaper LED that was bright enough, go figure?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back