AI grow or Glow

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! :)

I have a waterbox peninsula mini 25 gal aquarium setting up was a fowlr tank.

I was interested in getting a light either an AI Grow or Glow, but wanted to hear your recommendation based on what I am building this tank for as fish only and size recommendation

If there are other products that won't hurt the wallet I am happy to hear any recommendations.

Cheers!!
Jay

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! :)

I have a waterbox peninsula mini 25 gal aquarium setting up was a fowlr tank.

I was interested in getting a light either an AI Grow or Glow, but wanted to hear your recommendation based on what I am building this tank for as fish only and size recommendation

If there are other products that won't hurt the wallet I am happy to hear any recommendations.

Cheers!!
Jay
Hi!

I was looking at both the Grow/Glow prior to getting some used AI Primes off FB Marketplace. Honestly, if you are truly staying to a FOWLR tank, both are not really "needed" unless you are to one day have corals. Fluval Marine lights worked great for me before I added corals to the tank and they're decently priced!

OP
OP
M

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I was looking at both the Grow/Glow prior to getting some used AI Primes off FB Marketplace. Honestly, if you are truly staying to a FOWLR tank, both are not really "needed" unless you are to one day have corals. Fluval Marine lights worked great for me before I added corals to the tank and they're decently priced!
Thank you for your reply! it was very helpful and made me rethink how much i'm spending on equipment that could be easily spent on things that might be more valuable.

I'll take a look into the Fluval option :)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need to buy an insanely overpriced light for fish only. Find anything that ramps on Amazon. I would do Smatfarm

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better yet, you could get one of the chinese clones of many lights that are 4 and 5 times the price and just have it there for whatever you decide to do. I like to be forward thinking in everything I do. But that's just me.
I know a guy who uses the radion clones and quite successfully. They're like 200 bucks each.

OP
OP
M

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The cheapest lights I can get here, are the Aquaone GloStrips for about $140NZD might be worth giving them a try for that price range maybe

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that if you’re going fish only literally any Amazon bar will light your tank, but if you’re considering corals down the road the blade is an awesome light. I’ve been using one grow on my innovative marine 30 long for a few months and I’m really pleased.

IMG_4352.jpeg

OP
OP
M

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that if you’re going fish only literally any Amazon bar will light your tank, but if you’re considering corals down the road the blade is an awesome light. I’ve been using one grow on my innovative marine 30 long for a few months and I’m really pleased.

IMG_4352.jpeg
Thank you so much for sharing the example picture! it really helps with my decision making :) Your tank looks beautiful btw!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back