Fowlr tank

Guynamedfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
199
Reaction score
26
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to fill my tank with live rock I have a 55 gallon and I was wondering if I need to get 55 pounds of live rock
 
There are ways to keep a tank without rock but if you are new 55 pounds of rock is a very good idea because it is fairly simple.
I own about 500 pounds now.
 
Upvote 0
I have lots of rock in my 125, almost 100lbs of it. It helps alot, Fowlr tanks can get very very dirty and the bacteria is needed in my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
If you like the look of an open or minimum scape in your DT use a big sump that you can pack with live rock. How much rock depends on the bio-load from the fish your going to keep.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new