Fox face acting odd

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the tank fox face, was added Saturday afternoon. Yesterday he ate well, some mysis and absolutely gorged himself on hair algae. Today he ate one shrimp, I’ve seen home once or twice pick at a rock, and has a pretty steady supply of poop. He’ll hide under a rock or behind the frag rack, and after a couple of minutes come out and hover with the other fish. When he hides he does his best to become one with the rock too. No big cooor changes though. He has flared his dorsal fins a lot at the other fish too.
Could the huge algae meal have constipated him some? The wastes seem to take some time to exit him, and there’s more behind that. He seemed much more relaxed yesterday. Attaching a few pics, in one it seems his belly is still full

8471D4E3-278D-48C9-95F7-5B46D7746DCD.jpeg
5C6C5752-B050-43D6-81E8-07D3E7B74157.jpeg C3553254-B709-475F-A862-6B28FB609407.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any change n it’s breathing rate?

If it is still releasing feces, it isn’t completely blocked, but I have seen a couple of cases recently where new fish gorged on algae when first added to a tank.

Any chance of getting a short video taken under white lights?

jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do not attempt to overfeed. Assure no changes in:
Temp (77-79)
salinity 1.025
ph 8.1-8.3
ammonia 0-0.20

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any change n it’s breathing rate?

If it is still releasing feces, it isn’t completely blocked, but I have seen a couple of cases recently where new fish gorged on algae when first added to a tank.

Any chance of getting a short video taken under white lights?

jay
When it hides it seems to have a slightly increased breathing rate. When it comes back out it appears normal.
I just attempted a video but the lights were already in moon phase. I ramped up some white light slowly and he was under the frag rack and camo’d up for the night but he quickly regained his color. He was breathing a little quickly but I attribute that to being scared with the lights coming on. If he sees me approach the tank he hides in a cave. He’s more skittish today.
When I held my phone up to the glass he took off like a rocket behind some rocks, leaving a huge wad of algae feces behind.
I’ll try to get some video tomorrow if he’s still acting wierd.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it hides it seems to have a slightly increased breathing rate. When it comes back out it appears normal.
I just attempted a video but the lights were already in moon phase. I ramped up some white light slowly and he was under the frag rack and camo’d up for the night but he quickly regained his color. He was breathing a little quickly but I attribute that to being scared with the lights coming on. If he sees me approach the tank he hides in a cave. He’s more skittish today.
When I held my phone up to the glass he took off like a rocket behind some rocks, leaving a huge wad of algae feces behind.
I’ll try to get some video tomorrow if he’s still acting wierd.
Well, he’s releasing feces, so that’s good.
Jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.6%
Back