Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Underwater Passion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently I have a unique situation in which I added a PBT to my DT after I added my fox face Lo 4 weeks prior. I thought I had the order of adding them correct based on aggression BUT as many things in this hobby will do, I was surprised to see my fox face Lo was far more aggressive to my PBT. No one draws blood or creates wounds but it is constant especially around the time I feed seaweed.

So they have been in quarantine for about 5 weeks now due to a velvet outbreak in my tank. Everyone was treated and currently under observation. Fox face still attacks PBT on the regular. PBT gives it back to him.

So my question is, I will be placing them back in my DT after my fallow period in mid august. I really don’t want to get rid of the fox face but he is causing all the problems. I know moving rock work and then going into the DT after 3 months should deplete this bad behavior but it didn’t when I moved them into the quarantine tank. So should I get rid of the foxfAce and try another one? Has anyone seen this much aggression from a foxfAce before?

FYI : foxfAce is slightly smaller than PBT.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the qt?
My fox face is the biggest fish in my tank but only number four in the pecking order and is very peaceful, your fox face will have been top fish imo so hopefully it will settle without any damage.

OP
OP
Underwater Passion

Underwater Passion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the qt?
My fox face is the biggest fish in my tank but only number four in the pecking order and is very peaceful, your fox face will have been top fish imo so hopefully it will settle without any damage.

QT is a 55 gallon, but my DT is 180 gallons and that’s where the aggression started. Every fish that was there before him he doesn’t mess with including my hippo tang. But attacks the PBT.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Define aggression? Mine will show it's dorsal fins when our yellow tang is near but never does anything (just a display).

OP
OP
Underwater Passion

Underwater Passion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Define aggression? Mine will show it's dorsal fins when our yellow tang is near but never does anything (just a display).

He does the dorsal fin display with the hippo tang once in awhile. The PBT he chases around the tank and away from food. The PBT has been standing his ground but it’s constant.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface and tangs compete for the same food, that's normal, try 2 feeding stations one at each end. As far as keeping them in 55g, not the best situation. In a 180g these 2 should be fine.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back