Fox face or Butterfly fish and clam together?

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

Does anyone have any experience with keeping a fox face rabbit fish or Butterfly fish and a clam in the same tank? I read they are reef safe with caution if you're keeping clams, because they may go after the clam. I love these fish, but I want to know is it really that serious its just isolated incidents?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might work, might not. Advice like you've seen typically takes into account anecdotal reports, variable pesonalities and tastes of individual fish as well as specific species and an "average" person's risk/reward equation.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might work, might not. Advice like you've seen typically takes into account anecdotal reports, variable pesonalities and tastes of individual fish as well as specific species and an "average" person's risk/reward equation.
When you put it that I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. Thanks

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not chance a butterfly might be fine until its not...but like said above its all about your rick to reward tolerance.
Seems like the general consensus is what do I care about more. I wont chance it because I really like this clam plus I got it for a steal

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back