Fox face or (golden lined) rabbit fish for the first fish????

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about a rabbit fish preferably a fox face or golden lined for the first fish in my reef is a good idea???

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you have a lid they both like to jump. Also they have venomous spines which are extremely painful. So if it does jump don't pick it up by hand if it's still alive, I learned the hard way. Hot water helps the pain btw. The rabbit fish from my experience are better at eating bubble algae.

OP
OP
R

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can move in Macroalgae into the sump and it has its own light, and they basically have a form of nutrient control.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black spot foxface hasn't seen an algea that he won't eat. Bubble, hair, turf and macros. Bubble he destroys. He even eats cheato. It's not his favorite but he eats it.

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface probably eats more algae than my tangs. Also keeps my super aggressive sail fin i check. He is such a cool dish. How is your gulf live rock working out? I have 400 lbs of rock and sand myself and it’s been great except for 2 mantis that I just cant catch.

OP
OP
R

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface probably eats more algae than my tangs. Also keeps my super aggressive sail fin i check. He is such a cool dish. How is your gulf live rock working out? I have 400 lbs of rock and sand myself and it’s been great except for 2 mantis that I just cant catch.
It’s working well I was thinking about getting dry rock to extend the aquascape I’m not sure if I should get some dry rock because I also found some Aussie rock 10 lb for $25 cheaper than dry rock. I’m went with gulf and now gulf and Aussie rock.

Last edited:

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s working well I was thinking about getting dry rock to extend the aquascape I’m not sure if I should get some dry rock because I also found some Aussie rock 10 lb for $25 cheaper than dry rock. I’m going with gulf and now gulf and Aussie.
When I set up my 90 gallon, I split it up to save money, and it worked great. I did about 45 lbs. of dry rock from ARC, and about 40 lbs of live Jakarta rock form a LFS.

OP
OP
R

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco rocks for 10 lb costs $31 the I’m looking at Aussie rock for 10 lb costs $25.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back