Fox face rabbit fish dying

jayman19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

i was wondering if there’s anything I can do for fox face to help him live. I got him about a week ago and I didn’t realize how timid of a fish they are. I’ve noticed he hasn’t really eaten the frozen food w/garlic I put in and only slightly nipped at the nori I put in the tank everyday. I have a tomini tang who I have seen bullly him slightly but for the most part has left him alone. He’s currently in a crevice with what seems rapid breathing but he just won’t eat. Im worried he won’t last much longer. Any advice?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all,

i was wondering if there’s anything I can do for fox face to help him live. I got him about a week ago and I didn’t realize how timid of a fish they are. I’ve noticed he hasn’t really eaten the frozen food w/garlic I put in and only slightly nipped at the nori I put in the tank everyday. I have a tomini tang who I have seen bullly him slightly but for the most part has left him alone. He’s currently in a crevice with what seems rapid breathing but he just won’t eat. Im worried he won’t last much longer. Any advice?
Separate the tomini who is normally Good natured.
Sounds like fish is intimidated. What foods are you offering besides Nori?
Any pics under white lighting you can provide?
Assure ammonia and nitrate are not elevated or becomming elevated

OP
OP
J

jayman19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Separate the tomini who is normally Good natured.
Sounds like fish is intimidated. What foods are you offering besides Nori?
Any pics under white lighting you can provide?
Assure ammonia and nitrate are not elevated or becomming elevated
I’ve tried catching the tomini but that dude is really good at running. Haven’t been able to yet. And I’ve offered frozen mysis and pellet food as well. He seems so skinny now that I’ve looked at him for a while. He’s hiding that picture and I’ve seen his color change a few times today so he definitely does seem frightened. Ammonia is 0 and nitrates are very low.

Attachments

• 82CFA1AA-F5E8-4235-9EAC-F84B90EE39A7.jpeg
    82CFA1AA-F5E8-4235-9EAC-F84B90EE39A7.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 30

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve tried catching the tomini but that dude is really good at running. Haven’t been able to yet. And I’ve offered frozen mysis and pellet food as well. He seems so skinny now that I’ve looked at him for a while. He’s hiding that picture and I’ve seen his color change a few times today so he definitely does seem frightened. Ammonia is 0 and nitrates are very low.
Pellets not a good diet for he or Tang
Mysis is good. Do you have an acclimation box?

For tomini, you may be able to surprise him at lights out where it sleeps and net it.
Other foods are :
-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back