OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah for a rabbit fish these guys are super skitty! Just leave him be, if you go poking him to see if he is alive he will slice the heck out of you and he is venomous. Speaking from experience, luckly I was able to yank my hand out of the tank before she got me but she tried. They only do that when stressed completely out of their mind!
Okay thank you so much for help and calming me down too lol. Yea the owner of LFS told me they was venomous. Glad yours didn’t sting you lol. Reminds me last summer when I got my blue hippo tang this one from petco well my nephew and my nieces had the tang in bag going to car as I was paying for it and as I go out the door my neohew and nieces coming back in his shirt soaked and leaking water out of bag the tang was stressed sliced bag in him lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you so much for help and calming me down too lol. Yea the owner of LFS told me they was venomous. Glad yours didn’t sting you lol. Reminds me last summer when I got my blue hippo tang this one from petco well my nephew and my nieces had the tang in bag going to car as I was paying for it and as I go out the door my neohew and nieces coming back in his shirt soaked and leaking water out of bag the tang was stressed sliced bag in him lol
Ooo yikes! And yeah Im more scared of getting sliced by my foxface than stung by my lionfish if that tells you anything. Got poked by her when moving her, that hurt like a MF as it burned up my hand, so a slice… no no and no!

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo yikes! And yeah Im more scared of getting sliced by my foxface than stung by my lionfish if that tells you anything. Got poked by her when moving her, that hurt like a MF as it burned up my hand, so a slice… no no and no!
i agree lol anyway thank you as your comments helped me the most and you right on spot about how they react as it’s much better today

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been poked : stung by foxface before .
It’s no joke is all I will say ..
messed me up pretty bad.
Poker my right hand,
The left side of my face was numb for week and a half .

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
messed me up pretty bad.
Poker my right hand,
Thats horrible!! I felt like my arm was on fire up to my shoulder. Lucky it never went to my face.. that just sounds horrible!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats horrible!! I felt like my arm was on fire up to my shoulder. Lucky it never went to my face.. that just sounds horrible!
Sinuses plugged solid for over a week on the opposite side of my body

Respect the foxface … but he’s one fish I’ve had in the every tank

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
messed me up pretty bad.
Poker my right hand,
Thank you and I will take your advice and watch my hands in tank like a freaking hawk lol

samaki37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have well established aquarium and today biught fix face from reputable LFS and they had him tad over a week. My paremeters are fine. I brought him home and my tomato clown chased him once and that’s it. I know their skittish but he’s been in this spot last 3 hours or so after tomato clown chased him he was eating at the store just fine looked same color but eyes look funny to me and looks like dying he is moving find etc but just in that spot. Is it just really stressed or in its way out

IMG_2044.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone this has been resolved now as couple people in here basically it’s normal and it is fox face us doing fine

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sinuses plugged solid for over a week on the opposite side of my body

Respect the foxface … but he’s one fish I’ve had in the every tank
I agree. My girl is my first and if I could have another with her I so would! Amazing fish

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back