Fox Face

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have well established aquarium and today biught fix face from reputable LFS and they had him tad over a week. My paremeters are fine. I brought him home and my tomato clown chased him once and that’s it. I know their skittish but he’s been in this spot last 3 hours or so after tomato clown chased him he was eating at the store just fine looked same color but eyes look funny to me and looks like dying he is moving find etc but just in that spot. Is it just really stressed or in its way out

IMG_2044.jpeg

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it some time to settle in and try to make the agression very little. Get a acclimation box for the clown if it keeps up, foxface take a while to settle in and get comfortable. As long as he is swimming good, eating (give him a day or two to eat) it should make it. But keep an eye out for disease symptoms such as flashing, scratching, yawning, etc

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Dude is very stressed . I had 2 fox face and one was completely bullying him and he looks almost black like this until I removed the aggressor permanently. It’s up to the owner to decide what’s the best route to take. I’d be responsible and cut the bully out of there

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have well established aquarium and today biught fix face from reputable LFS and they had him tad over a week. My paremeters are fine. I brought him home and my tomato clown chased him once and that’s it. I know their skittish but he’s been in this spot last 3 hours or so after tomato clown chased him he was eating at the store just fine looked same color but eyes look funny to me and looks like dying he is moving find etc but just in that spot. Is it just really stressed or in its way out

IMG_2044.jpeg
Does he have any places to hide?

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to get a read on these fish. My foxface is always upset about something. I hope he settles down. They can take a while.

This is her right now. :)
20230701_225211.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he have any places to hide?
Yes plenty places to hide but when first got him went by my tomato clowns area and she chased him away so the fix face bern in this spot ever sense like the photo just hanging out in the flow fins moving not breathing hard and I even paused wave maker to make sure it was still moving fins

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to get a read on these fish. My foxface is always upset about something. I hope he settles down. They can take a while.

20230701_225211.jpg
Okay thank you I hope it’ pulls out guess have to wait tomorrow and see just let it ride and check tomorrow but it’s scary when they look that way lol

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20230701_225211.jpg
I forgot his or her eyes are blue too not brown

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you I hope it’ pulls out guess have to wait tomorrow and see just let it ride and check tomorrow but it’s scary when they look that way lol

Yeah tell me about it. I thought my foxface was dying, but nope she's just mercurial. You sort of get used to it.

I think it took mine almost a month to chill out, and even still goes all black for no reason from time to time.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I see spots on eyes, can you post short video of breathing rate . clearer pics, and yes separate from bully

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2044.jpeg
To be honest my foxface did stuff like that when I moved her from the 70 to 125 recently. I think its stressed from the move. Mine took 2 days to eat when I first got her and a day after moving to the bigger tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest my foxface did stuff like that when I moved her from the 70 to 125 recently. I think its stressed from the move. Mine took 2 days to eat when I first got her and a day after moving to the bigger tank.
I thought my foxface was sick and dying multiple times. She stresses me out sometimes with her stress lol. You will probably see it do that a lot until its comfortable, best to just leave it alone, it will calm down on its own

boehm742

ReefKeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are very unique fish in that they stress over the simplest of things and show it very well in there colors. Give it time and with the appropriate husbandry it will settle in to the "new" routine.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought my foxface was sick and dying multiple times. She stresses me out sometimes with her stress lol. You will probably see it do that a lot until its comfortable, best to just leave it alone, it will calm down on its own
Agreed. Mine knocked a crab off the rock a few minutes ago and by her reaction you would think a nuke just went off in the tank haha

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sort of the charm of this fish. We always shout in the house "oh look foxy lady is dead again"

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sort of the charm of this fish. We always shout in the house "oh look foxy lady is dead again"
LOL I named my girl Fox and always tell her “foxy lady youre fine, theres even a song about you”!

OP
OP
T

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I named my girl Fox and always tell her “foxy lady youre fine, theres even a song about you”!
Lol that’s awesome. My great nieces ages 7,5 named it sweet foxy lol. I have experience with saltwater fish but not fox face angels so it’s very odd to me how it looks hopeing it hangs in but it’s not dead on bottom it’s holding itsejf up judt looks dead which is strange but as you and others mention sounds like fox face

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that’s awesome. My great nieces ages 7,5 named it sweet foxy lol. I have experience with saltwater fish but not fox face angels so it’s very odd to me how it looks hopeing it hangs in but it’s not dead on bottom it’s holding itsejf up judt looks dead which is strange but as you and others mention sounds like fox face
Yeah for a rabbit fish these guys are super skitty! Just leave him be, if you go poking him to see if he is alive he will slice the heck out of you and he is venomous. Speaking from experience, luckly I was able to yank my hand out of the tank before she got me but she tried. They only do that when stressed completely out of their mind!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back