Foxface clouded eye and looks swollen

Ironclad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2023
Messages
76
Reaction score
33
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface has been hanging out at the surface of the tank and one of his eyes is clouded and looks a little swollen. What can I do for him? Will I need to seperate the fish for treatment? I only have another 20 gallon tank that has some clowns and a diamond goby in it.

IMG_3749.jpeg
 
My foxface has been hanging out at the surface of the tank and one of his eyes is clouded and looks a little swollen. What can I do for him? Will I need to seperate the fish for treatment? I only have another 20 gallon tank that has some clowns and a diamond goby in it.

IMG_3749.jpeg
Eye looks to be scratched from an injury and I generally recommend treatment using Maracyn, not maracyn two or Oxy in a separate tank
 
Eye looks to be scratched from an injury and I generally recommend treatment using Maracyn, not maracyn two or Oxy in a separate tank
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Can I just treat the display or should I put him in my 20 gallon?
 
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Can I just treat the display or should I put him in my 20 gallon?
Separate tank - 20 gallon and add air stone during treatment.
 
My foxface has been hanging out at the surface of the tank and one of his eyes is clouded and looks a little swollen. What can I do for him? Will I need to seperate the fish for treatment? I only have another 20 gallon tank that has some clowns and a diamond goby in it.

IMG_3749.jpeg

That's probably just a scratch. If both eyes become cloudy, it is more likely to be a fluke infection.

As long as the fish is still eating, it should get better on its own. Avoid startling the fish, as if it damages its other eye, it will have difficulty finding food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new