Foxface developed visible lesions today

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is my first go at following the QT procedure. I started out with the fox and a scopus in observation. So glad I didn’t do the dump and prey. The scopus didn’t last 3 days, was swimming up side down and not eating great, but eating. The scopus passed 2 days ago, both were in this same tank. I now have the fox in copper at about 2.8 Ppm (the suggested dose amount took it slightly higher. I have since took a gallon out and put in a fresh gallon to slightly lower it some.

I went in this AM and notice the fox has lesions all over it. It’s eating fine and acting normal.

IMG_2795.jpeg IMG_2794.jpeg IMG_2793.jpeg IMG_2792.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is my first go at following the QT procedure. I started out with the fox and a scopus in observation. So glad I didn’t do the dump and prey. The scopus didn’t last 3 days, was swimming up side down and not eating great, but eating. The scopus passed 2 days ago, both were in this same tank. I now have the fox in copper at about 2.8 Ppm (the suggested dose amount took it slightly higher. I have since took a gallon out and put in a fresh gallon to slightly lower it some.

I went in this AM and notice the fox has lesions all over it. It’s eating fine and acting normal.

IMG_2795.jpeg IMG_2794.jpeg IMG_2793.jpeg IMG_2792.jpeg
Looks like a combination of hyper melanization (black dots) or even turbellian worms and possible ich
The fish is also quite thin
Focus on water quality and prepare to treat using coppersafe monitored with reliable test kit at 2.25-2.5 copper level
What foods are you feeding it?
Is breathing heavy or normal?

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rods, twice a day defrosted. It’s in copper now, a little north of 2.5. I’m changing about 50% of the water every 2-2.5 days. I can do more frequent if needed. It is breathing heavy, I just noticed this. Airstone?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Rods, twice a day defrosted. It’s in copper now, a little north of 2.5. I’m changing about 50% of the water every 2-2.5 days. I can do more frequent if needed. It is breathing heavy, I just noticed this. Airstone?
Do not exceed the 2.5 and assure if changing water this frequently, you restore same copper level without raising it
Add fatty food such as mysis shrimp, small plankton, formula 2 and LRS fish frenzy

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Changing often as I added sponges and removed all the porous media that was cycled. I can slow it down, just worried about ammonia.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back