Foxface lethargic, not eating, lymphocystis worsening

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go outside to get food for my family, I am back and yup, rest in peace. It was doing so well when it was first introduced but it just slowly diminished. Maybe it was because of bullying or some other underlying problems.

I wanted a tang shaped fish for my 75 but I am not interested in the bristletooths other than the whitetail which is expensive as heck. Ive heard the foxface can work there for a while. What other species of tang or rabbitfish can I house there for like a year or two if I get it small?
I have the utmost respect, contrary to recent evidence, for other aquarists knowledge and lived experiences. But that fish was bullied to death. Unfortunately a lot of what we do is a guessing game. And most of our knowledge comes from lived experiences, which oftentimes are unpleasant, to say the least.

Last edited:

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. That price is ridiculous. I bought one a few years ago for 60 bucks from liveaquaria. ************ strikes again
I just paid half that for mine. I also have a one spot foxface, most personable fish I’ve ever owned.
3416EFD3-9183-4D1C-84A3-8B5824265BD5.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go outside to get food for my family, I am back and yup, rest in peace. It was doing so well when it was first introduced but it just slowly diminished. Maybe it was because of bullying or some other underlying problems.

I wanted a tang shaped fish for my 75 but I am not interested in the bristletooths other than the whitetail which is expensive as heck. Ive heard the foxface can work there for a while. What other species of tang or rabbitfish can I house there for like a year or two if I get it small?

Sorry to hear. Too late now, but one trick is to give a freshly deceased fish a 10 minute FW dip, then look at the bottom of the dip container with a microscope or hand lens - looking for flukes. That can help guide your treatment for the other fish.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 109 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back