Foxface Rabbitfish Interest

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a one spot less than a week ago. Eats Nori, minced fresh shrimp, kelp flakes, pellets and mysis so far. It’s a cool looking fish. Does like to change to his camo colors mostly at night. I got one for $30. There not expensive. I like the one spot’s color better than the magnificent. Get one and good luck.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME thread, first fish I am adding to the new bigger tank!

Saw one at petco yesterday I almost impulse bought because it looked so healthy but don’t want to overstock my 75 anymore than it already is!

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do eat anything, but should be fed regularly with algae. They are classified as herbivores, but act like omnivores, though need the nutrition from algae.

I have 2 Magnificent Foxfaces, which are gorgeous, and it took a little introduction time to get them to like each other. But normally, a Foxface will only fight with another Foxface, UNLESS it's the biggest fish in the tank. Then it can pick on other fish that encroach on it's territory. They eat a LOT also.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great color, hardy, eats bubble algae and algae in general, easy to startle and changes coloration when stressed or scared.
At least a 75 gallon tank and hiding places in tank

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're on my research too so I'm tagging along for the info! OP @saltwaterlover what size tank do you have? We've got some similar interests I've noticed from some of your earlier posts as well.

OP
OP
saltwaterlover

saltwaterlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME thread, first fish I am adding to the new bigger tank!

Saw one at petco yesterday I almost impulse bought because it looked so healthy but don’t want to overstock my 75 anymore than it already is!

Yeah I saw one at a garden centre I went to today in the aquatic section and he was stunning

OP
OP
saltwaterlover

saltwaterlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell saltwater fish at Petco? Unfortunately not at the one by my house.

I don’t have a petco at all where I live so that’s even sadder [emoji23][emoji23] but the new fish store I found today is incredible the had like 60 different tanks of saltwater fish, I was in fish heaven [emoji24][emoji7]

Ksmmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface is called Hendrix. He gets along with both tangs and the other fish. He eats everything I put in the tank, mysis, pellets, bloodworms and he eats algae off the clip.
He sleeps in a wall of zoas and never comes near me when I'm cleaning the tank. I was hesitant to get one, but Im really happy to have Hendrix.

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone who has had a fox face are you talking about one spots of the lo ones? And which size tanks were you keeping them in with your results?

Scott Campbell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never have a tank without a foxface. They are very peaceful, sweet fish and will usually get along with most every other fish. Except another rabbitfish. They are also more than capable of defending themselves against aggressive tankmates. They will also clear out most every type of nuisance algae. But they are not particularly small fish. You need a decent sized aquarium. They eat anything and everything but they still really need algae or seaweed in their diet. At some point you will almost certainly have to supplement that. I have to add a sheet of nori every day. They are also a bit skittish and jumpy at times.

Scott Campbell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface is called Hendrix. He gets along with both tangs and the other fish. He eats everything I put in the tank, mysis, pellets, bloodworms and he eats algae off the clip.
He sleeps in a wall of zoas and never comes near me when I'm cleaning the tank. I was hesitant to get one, but Im really happy to have Hendrix.

Mine hangs out in my pipe organ coral. Which is really odd to see. But he seems to enjoy wallowing in the coral and the coral is not harmed in any manner. They are quirky fish for sure.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back