Foxface Rabbitfish Interest

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B00BA39D-9AC5-457C-88B1-6D09DCD6EA07.jpeg
Well, I finally got my foxface. I was so excited but is this camouflage? I thought they only got dark. I wanted the classic looking yellow foxface and this one is mostly white. I don’t like it

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a Foxface goes jet black, it's super stressed. One Spots actually go kind of a snow camo color at night for hiding. During the day though it should pretty much be Yellow with the One Black Spot. It could be somewhat stressed. What are you feeding it?

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine goes for the seaweed aggressively. He sees me coming and waits by the clip and then almost attacks it. He rips pieces off like a dog shaking a toy. It's pretty fun to watch.

Mine nibbles on the seaweed like a little squirrel nibbling on nuts. My Wrasses are actually the most aggressive seaweed feeders (Melanurus and Blue Star Leopard). They do the bite, twist, rip method for it and pry it loose from the clips. Fortunately the fish follow it around and nibble on it or it gets caught up in the powerhead and chopped up to make it more bite sized.

OP
OP
saltwaterlover

saltwaterlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B00BA39D-9AC5-457C-88B1-6D09DCD6EA07.jpeg
Well, I finally got my foxface. I was so excited but is this camouflage? I thought they only got dark. I wanted the classic looking yellow foxface and this one is mostly white. I don’t like it

Awww it’s so cute[emoji7] he does look pretty stressed through and I don’t even have one yet[emoji24][emoji23]

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface are shy fish. It took mine a week or two to stop going camo and hiding every time someone came close to the tank. Now he swims right up when I go to the tank. The only time I see him change his color is at night when he's sleeping. If yours is eating well and breathing ok I wouldn't worry.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fox face pals around with my yellow tang. They are really and odd couple. Great add eating algae hair. When I drop a clip of Nori in the thank they devour it. Also, I find my fox face laying down at night on my coral rack, the sand or even rocks. Definitely a great addition to the tank.

Will note they get get scare easy. When they do they turn white.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your foxface? Not sure but this might be juvenile coloration for a one-spot.

Just a little guy. Maybe 2 inches. He’s currently more interested at picking at the algae on my rock than nori. He isn’t shy. This picture was taken at the front of my tank. But he is new so could be stressed for sure. I got him on Tuesday along with a flame angel and a kole tang.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back