Foxface still not normal color

LMSquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve posted about this a couple of times and nothing has changed. I understand they change color when frightened etc, but this guy has this unchanging dark dorsal area. Anyone ever seen this? This pic is about as “normal” as he gets
IMG_3417.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve posted about this a couple of times and nothing has changed. I understand they change color when frightened etc, but this guy has this unchanging dark dorsal area. Anyone ever seen this? This pic is about as “normal” as he gets
IMG_3417.jpeg
Yep. Look at my avatar. ;)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3417.jpeg
Foxes do what they want! He looks small still, so he could change! My magnificent was black all the time when he was small now that he is bigger he is as normal coloring as he wants to lol

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks like my avatar most of the time. Does yours raises his spine all the time or just some times? If he raises his spine all the time he may be in a defensive mode and he might be stressed or scared by something. But if he raises his pine only occasionally, eats and acts normal I would not worry about his coloring.

OP
OP
LMSquire

LMSquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks like my avatar most of the time. Does yours raises his spine all the time or just some times? If he raises his spine all the time he may be in a defensive mode and he might be stressed or scared by something. But if he raises his pine only occasionally, eats and acts normal I would not worry about his coloring.
Yeah just sometimes. I have a pretty mellow tank. A yellow tang juvenile who is his bestie, juvenile hippo very mellow, 5 firefish, leopard wrasse, pair of oacellaris clowns, and a shy royal gramma- oh and a mandarin. And a bunch of other inverts and stuff. The fox def lets me know when he’s stressed because he changes color really quickly.

Anyway. Good to know I’m not the only one! And maybe he’ll grow out of it as. Another poster said.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back