Foxface, swallowtail angle growth rates

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast to foxfaces and/or swallowtail angels grow?

I have one of each in my 5x24x18 120. They're doing well now, but having seen much bigger ones in the store, I feel like they'll be too big for my tank eventually. I've seen the growth thread, so I know they may not get to the max advertised size, but I just don't like seeing a fish that looks like he couldn't find a place to hide in a tank. I wouldn't have got them in the first place, but in discussing possible fish for my tank, someone accused me of being the Caption of the Tang police, so I said "what the heck!" (I realize those aren't tangs, but same diff in terms of size).

Anyway, if I'm in a position to do so and the wife let's me, I may just get a bigger tank. But I'm trying to plan a timeline for that.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like the foxface grew about .2" in 4 months or so. He's almost as big as my clarkii clowns now. He started out significantly smaller.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back