Foxface very stressed

boboyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I put a foxface in my dt about 2-3 weeks ago. He’s a pretty small one. My yellow tang did not like him (and he’s bigger than the foxface).

the bullying died down but the foxface is always hiding and turns brown often (I read it was due to stress). Like he’s brown more often now than he was on the first week.

after my wc today he really didn’t have it... he’s breathing super fast and he was chilling at the bottom of the tank for a while. Now he’s back to hiding at his usual 2 spots.

what can I do to make it better? The yellow tang kinda got used to him by now and there’s only minor bullying (and the foxface has his own 2 safe spaces where he doesn’t get bullied ever).
Is there any params I should check? everything’s been pretty stable lately (salinity was on the higher end but I dropped it by 0.001 today and plan on dropping it by another 0.001 tomorrow before I leave for a couple of days. It was a tiny bit over 1.026 today and I felt like that’s why he’d be so stressed but I doubt it’s that.
Any input is appreciated

Don_Jorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of bullying in the tank I would separate them, on the plus side its a nice excuse to setup a new tank ;)

OP
OP
B

boboyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of bullying in the tank I would separate them, on the plus side its a nice excuse to setup a new tank ;)
That’s EXACTLY what I’m doing lol. Upgrading from my first 55g tank I started 2 months ago into a 125g
I just hope the foxface makes it until the tank is ready. I should be good to start putting fish in the upgrade by Wednesday. I guess I should put the foxface first right?

when the foxface was being bullied my friend said it’s ok they’re hardy but like I don’t think he’ll make it a long time like this. I think he’s being bullied less by the YT because he’s always hiding and the yt doesn’t see him

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back