Frag dying around edges

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2016
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
579
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi everyone I’ve had this issue before and could never find the cause. All other sps have polyps out and are growing but I occasionally have this issue. What would cause this die off on the edges?
I feed frozen 1x and pellets 3x a day. I don’t skim but run a skimmer and occasionally dose aminos.
Alk: 8.3
Cal: 450
Mag:1420
Nitrate: 15-20
Po4: .09

78F24EBE-9E9F-4194-9381-D7E7F6FB1F1F.jpeg
 
I'd check with a local reef club to see if you can get your hands on a par meter. Get a good map of your tank and adjust your lights as needed.
FYI, I have a light-colored acro in my tank (Northern Lights Tenuis) in about 230 par.
IMG_1507.jpeg
 
I'd check with a local reef club to see if you can get your hands on a par meter. Get a good map of your tank and adjust your lights as needed.
FYI, I have a light-colored acro in my tank (Northern Lights Tenuis) in about 230 par.
IMG_1507.jpeg
Yeah that’s most likely what it is. Thanks for the replies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new