Frag or wait it out.

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SPS losing flesh what do you do

  • Frag

    Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Wait

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Dip

    Votes: 1 16.7%

  • Total voters
    6

speedstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
704
Reaction score
1,029
Location
Grand Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple things I have noticed returning to reefing is it seems almost agreed nitrates can be kept higher in a SPS system prior goal was for zero or so it seemed 10~15 years back. The one other thing and this where my question comes from, in the past as soon as a coral was showing STN RTN I would mess with it perhaps dip, and also frag off a good portion hoping to save it. It now seems there is several that have a hands off and wait it out approach.

In the case of losing flesh do you frag or wait?

Thanks
 
I voted to frag it but it really depends on what it looks like. If it’s starting to bleach, I move it down into a lower light place. I dip my corals before I put them in so hopefully there’s not a problem.... although I know stuff is in there. Otherwise, I just break off a chunk and put it on a frag rack.
 
I've never regretted having a small survivor, but I have regretted not fragging a coral later after all of the flesh disappeared.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new