Frag Pack Coral ID ... Please and sorry

Justin Hartmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my corals today from the WWC live sale. I got one of the four packs and thought they had said they will include an ID for the corals contained in the pack with the shipment. The invoice only lists it as the live sale frag pack. I have sent an email to them to see if they kept a record of what corals they put in each pack, but I would think this would have been a ton for them to have recorded what frags they put in each pack and who it went to (assuming that they were not all the exact same). So I am not holding out a ton of hope they will have this information and they are yet to get back to me (I am sure its still a busy time).

With that said I have two or three corals that I cannot identify, in what I think is an LPS, and would like to know so that I can properly place and care for it. I have a guess as what they could be but just don't have the experience to know. I just dont want to kill it because I treated it as something else. I do have a few questions about identifying what I believe to be SPS, but I added those to the SPS thread as I thought they would get more experts in the correct classification. . Last question is my CUC (crabs) are all over the corals and have knocked a few over (I need to go get some glue tomorrow and glue them down). This leads me to the question of would these frags be okay to pop off the plug with a razor blade and glued down? I just hope I get the placement I want and that it will be happy in if I do that because it will be hard to move after that. I also have a micromussa (acan lord) and an echinata (acan) that I would have the same question for, it seems like the crabs are only eating off and going after the plug is why I ask. Oh I almost forgot, how much of a slope will coral colonies (mainly zoa and acans) grow on and continue when it flattens out again? You can see in the last pic that it is on a pretty steep slope, didn't know if it would grow up and down it and then grow flat when it flattens out as one colony.

1st coral unfiltered - Chalice?
Chalice Maybe.jpg
Filtered
Chalice Filtered.jpg

2nd Coral - Zoa of some kind? Also kind of want to know whats behind it, Acan?
Zoas Maybe.jpg

Thanks!!!

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First is a chalice. (Possibly avatar) hard to tell coloration in the pic.
Second pic: bottom coral is a laptestria I believe. Any way to get a clearer shot of the structure of the top one?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back