Frag plug mods

Do you Glue your corals directly to the frag plug?

  • Yes

  • No

  • Only Soft Corals

  • Only LPS

  • Only SPS

  • No I use rock rubble

  • I use Sand/Crushed Coral


Results are only viewable after voting.

ThatsNoMoon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
103
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few ugly old frag plugs laying around so I wiped some superglue across the tops and left them in a tub of crushed coral. These frag plugs are from corals I glued to them falling off while in my frag tank.

It looks like it's given me great adhesion with zoanthids which I usually have issues of them falling off. What do you guys think of this?

1.jpeg 2.jpeg
 
It looks pretty cool and I can see where the texture might help the coral do better when it comes to gripping onto the plug
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new